Parked just right?
Maastricht wants to make things easier for cyclists in the city. To aid this process, the ultra-modern underground bicycle parking facility under the main railway station was built. Approximately 1,500 cyclists use this parking facility compared with the 200 bicycles that were parked at the old covered facility. So we’re making progress! But given that there's actually room for 3,000 bicycles, there's no need to park bicycles on the street. The launch of our ‘Parked just right?’ bicycle campaign is our way of encouraging everyone (in two languages) to park their bicycle underground. Together, we can keep the train station area accessible
- When will the municipality start removing bicycles and mopeds? And why only in the area around the main railway station and not in the rest of Wyck?
- What happens if I park my bicycle incorrectly?
- Will the Team also check my moped?
- Where may I park my bicycle or moped in Wyck?
- What happens to my bicycle if it's removed by the Civil Enforcement Team? How long will my bicycle be stored at the bicycle depot?
- Where is the bicycle depot?